People looking for a change at Centre: BJP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh unit of BJP on Wednesday accused the UPA government of failing to check corruption and rise in prices of essential commodities and said people were looking for a change at the Centre.
Besides, BJP also attacked the Samajwadi Party government in UP, saying people were fed up with the appeasement policy of the state government.
"People are fed up with the misrule of UPA at the Centre and the appeasement policy of SP government, therefore people in UP have made up their mind for a change," BJP`s state unit spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters.
He said that the party was ready for the Lok Sabha polls.
Pathak said that political rivals were forced to repeatedly say that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s magic won`t work in UP.
"From this it is clear that Modi`s magic is working," he said SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had said that Modi factor won`t have any impact in UP, Pathak said, adding, "If there is no impact then why is he so worried. It is up to the people to decide."
National general secretary and UP in-charge Amit Shah was extensively touring the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened