People looking for a change at Centre: BJP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh unit of BJP on Wednesday accused the UPA government of failing to check corruption and rise in prices of essential commodities and said people were looking for a change at the Centre.
Besides, BJP also attacked the Samajwadi Party government in UP, saying people were fed up with the appeasement policy of the state government.
"People are fed up with the misrule of UPA at the Centre and the appeasement policy of SP government, therefore people in UP have made up their mind for a change," BJP`s state unit spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters.
He said that the party was ready for the Lok Sabha polls.
Pathak said that political rivals were forced to repeatedly say that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s magic won`t work in UP.
"From this it is clear that Modi`s magic is working," he said SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had said that Modi factor won`t have any impact in UP, Pathak said, adding, "If there is no impact then why is he so worried. It is up to the people to decide."
National general secretary and UP in-charge Amit Shah was extensively touring the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again