People of Varanasi will show Kejriwal his place: BJP
Ahmedabad: Unfazed by Arvind Kejriwal`s announcement to seek people`s mandate to take on Narendra Modi from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, the BJP on Sunday said the Aam Aadmi Party leader stands no chance against their prime ministerial nominee.
"There is no doubt that Modi will have a thumping victory from Varanasi. Let Kejriwal file his candidature from that seat. We are sure that people of Varanasi will show him his place in the election," said Harshad Patel state BJP media convenor.
Virtually ending his suspense Kejriwal today declared he was ready to take on Modi from Varanasi but linked his final call to the people`s approval there.
Rebutting Kejriwal`s attack on Modi for "shielding" two "corrupt" ministers, Patel said, "Kejriwal never cleared his stand against his minister (Somnath) Bharati. Even after stepping down as Delhi CM, he hasn`t vacated the bungalow allotted to him yet. He also refused to pay toll tax during his visit here...Kejriwal has no moral right to talk about ethics".
BJP also accused Kejriwal of hankering for publicity by resorting to "cheap gimmicks".
"People of India saw Kejriwal`s inefficiency as chief minister during his 49-day rule in Delhi. He always wants answers from others, but never gives them to others. He is only interested in getting publicity and nothing else," Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30