People to decide the next PM not BJP: Digvijay Singh on Modi`s elevation
Zee Media Bureau/Sushmita Dutta
New Delhi: Downplaying Narendra Modi`s anointment as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls on Friday, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said that the country will decide who will be the next prime minister not the BJP.
"People of India will never accept Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as he cannot keep the nation united," Singh said.
Meanwhile Congress leader Renuka Chaudhary said, "Narendra Modi`s announcement as the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 General Elections is not a challenge for Congress."
"It is not a challenge. Someone has to be there as the PM candidate in BJP We are moving forward by doing our work," she said.
BJP President Rajnath Singh earlier announced that his party has chosen Modi as the prime ministerial candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
The announcement came after a meeting of the party`s parliamentary board here this evening, which unanimously decided to project Modi as the prime ministerial candidate in the absence of LK Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred