People want Rahul as PM: Beni Prasad Verma
Jamshedpur: People of this country want to see Rahul Gandhi as Prime Minister of the country, Union Minister for Steel Beni Prasad Verma said a day after the young AICC General Secretary was made head of the Congress Co-ordination Committee for 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"Yes, we all want him to become the Prime Minister," Verma, who was in the steel city to take part in the 50th National Metallurgists Day inaugural function here, told reporters on Friday.
He was responding to a question whether Congress was projecting Gandhi as the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the next general election.
In a move signalling his larger role in the party, Congress yesterday made Rahul Gandhi the head of the Congress Coordination Committee for 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Referring to corruption charges involving BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, the minister said Gadkari was "converting black money into white."
"He (Gadkari) has indulged in negative politics, which hampered the progress of the country," the minister alleged.
He told reporters, "Gadkari ko highlight karte rahiye, Congress ko faiyda hoga (Keep on highlighting Gadkari`s deeds, it would benefit Congress in the next election)."
To query about corruption charges levelled against Union Minister for External Affairs Salman Khurshid by activist Arvind Kejriwal, the minister said there were no such charges against Khurshid.
About corruption charges against Robert Vadra, the son-in- law of AICC president Sonia Gandhi, the minister said, "Everybody has the right to do business and Vadra was not a Congress party member."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla