People will get `Congress-free` India in 2014: Narendra Modi
New Delhi: The BJP will set the agenda for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, emerge victorious and the people will get a "Congress-free India", Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said Sunday.
In an interview to a TV news channel, Modi expressed confidence about his Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) victory in the coming Lok Sabha polls, but remained tight-lipped over his own candidature for the prime minister`s post.
"In 2014, BJP will set the agenda for polls, people of the country will make BJP victorious, and the way people of Gujarat have formed a Congress-free Gujarat, people of the country will have a Congress-free India," he said.
Modi also termed dynastic politics a bad trend for any democracy.
"Dynastic politics should not be encouraged in democracy. It does not mean two people of one family can not be in politics, but unfortunately, the country presently is in the clutches of dynastic rule," he said.
Modi is being seen as a strong contender for the prime minister`s post from BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Companies making beeline to sign PV Sindhu for endorsements
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise