People will get `Congress-free` India in 2014: Narendra Modi
New Delhi: The BJP will set the agenda for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, emerge victorious and the people will get a "Congress-free India", Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said Sunday.
In an interview to a TV news channel, Modi expressed confidence about his Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) victory in the coming Lok Sabha polls, but remained tight-lipped over his own candidature for the prime minister`s post.
"In 2014, BJP will set the agenda for polls, people of the country will make BJP victorious, and the way people of Gujarat have formed a Congress-free Gujarat, people of the country will have a Congress-free India," he said.
Modi also termed dynastic politics a bad trend for any democracy.
"Dynastic politics should not be encouraged in democracy. It does not mean two people of one family can not be in politics, but unfortunately, the country presently is in the clutches of dynastic rule," he said.
Modi is being seen as a strong contender for the prime minister`s post from BJP.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Bihar govt's bizarre order: No cooking, yagna between 9 am and 6 pm to avoid fire
- Inhalation therapy, a key to win big against asthma
- HCL Tech Q3 net profit grows 14.4% to Rs 1,926 crore
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut