People will teach lesson to UPA in 2014: Sitaram Yechury
Vijayawada: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said that people will teach a lesson to UPA in the 2014 general elections.
Speaking after laying the foundation stone of Makineni Basava Punnaih Study Centre here, Yechury said the poor in the country were fed up with UPA`s economic policies and had lost the confidence it.
Electorate will punish the UPA in 2014, he said.
Inconsistency in policies of the UPA had thrown the country into an economic crisis, and there was corruption at the top level, he said.
The government cut subsidies for poor on the pretext of fiscal deficit, but continued the tax concessions for the rich and the corporates, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash