People will teach lesson to UPA in 2014: Sitaram Yechury
Vijayawada: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said that people will teach a lesson to UPA in the 2014 general elections.
Speaking after laying the foundation stone of Makineni Basava Punnaih Study Centre here, Yechury said the poor in the country were fed up with UPA`s economic policies and had lost the confidence it.
Electorate will punish the UPA in 2014, he said.
Inconsistency in policies of the UPA had thrown the country into an economic crisis, and there was corruption at the top level, he said.
The government cut subsidies for poor on the pretext of fiscal deficit, but continued the tax concessions for the rich and the corporates, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?