People will teach lesson to UPA in 2014: Sitaram Yechury
Vijayawada: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said that people will teach a lesson to UPA in the 2014 general elections.
Speaking after laying the foundation stone of Makineni Basava Punnaih Study Centre here, Yechury said the poor in the country were fed up with UPA`s economic policies and had lost the confidence it.
Electorate will punish the UPA in 2014, he said.
Inconsistency in policies of the UPA had thrown the country into an economic crisis, and there was corruption at the top level, he said.
The government cut subsidies for poor on the pretext of fiscal deficit, but continued the tax concessions for the rich and the corporates, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP