People will teach lesson to UPA in 2014: Sitaram Yechury
Vijayawada: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said that people will teach a lesson to UPA in the 2014 general elections.
Speaking after laying the foundation stone of Makineni Basava Punnaih Study Centre here, Yechury said the poor in the country were fed up with UPA`s economic policies and had lost the confidence it.
Electorate will punish the UPA in 2014, he said.
Inconsistency in policies of the UPA had thrown the country into an economic crisis, and there was corruption at the top level, he said.
The government cut subsidies for poor on the pretext of fiscal deficit, but continued the tax concessions for the rich and the corporates, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!