People will teach lesson to UPA in 2014: Sitaram Yechury
Vijayawada: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said that people will teach a lesson to UPA in the 2014 general elections.
Speaking after laying the foundation stone of Makineni Basava Punnaih Study Centre here, Yechury said the poor in the country were fed up with UPA`s economic policies and had lost the confidence it.
Electorate will punish the UPA in 2014, he said.
Inconsistency in policies of the UPA had thrown the country into an economic crisis, and there was corruption at the top level, he said.
The government cut subsidies for poor on the pretext of fiscal deficit, but continued the tax concessions for the rich and the corporates, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY