People won’t tolerate ‘divisive’ leader: Nitish Kumar on Narendra Modi’s anointment
Zee Media Bureau/ Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of the JD(U), former NDA constituent, has reacted to anointment of his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi as the BJP’s PM candidate for 2014 polls.
“Vinaash Kaale Vipreet Buddhi (when downfall nears, one thinks and does the wrong),” is what the former BJP ally said when asked about Modi’s elevation.
Nitish added that he had predicted the development well in advance. “I told you so,” he told reporters.
It may be recalled that the JD(U) had recently quit the NDA in the run-up to BJP’s impending decision on Modi’s anointment as PM candidate, soon after he was made the party’s 2014 election campaign committee chief.
Bulldozing opposition from almost every quarter, Modi was named the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate yesterday.
Modi is, in fact, now the PM candidate of the opposition NDA with the Shiv Sena and the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) too endorsing his candidature. The NDA, at present, consists of BJP, SAD and Shiv Sena.
While announcing Modi’s anointment on Friday, BJP leaders reposed their faith in him. And the man of the moment pledged to lead the BJP to victory in 2014.
The BJP’s decision triggered a wave of euphoria in the main opposition party that has been out of power since stunningly losing the 2004 Lok Sabha battle.
BJP president Rajnath Singh made the formal announcement at a media conference, and Modi pledged to do everything to ensure that the BJP again got to rule the world`s largest democracy.
"I promise that in the 2014 election, the BJP will emerge victorious," said Modi.
"For this, the party will work hard and we will leave no stone unturned," said Modi after accepting sweets, bouquets and garlands. "I am sure people from Kashmir to Kanyakumari will vote for the (BJP)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog