Permission to Vedanta given by UPA-I: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday reacted to Congress
General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s statement on the stalled
Vedanta mining project in Orissa, saying this was an attempt
to "fool" the people as permission to the firm was given by
"People will not be fooled because Vedanta permission was
given by UPA-I. P Chidambaram (Home Minister) was a director
of Vedanta and Abhishek Singhvi (Congress spokesperson) was
their advisor," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar claimed.
"You cannot fool all the people all the time," he said.
BJP also criticised Gandhi over a media report about a
suspected Maoist allegedly sharing dais with him.
"This is really fooling the people. On the one hand,
Congress says left wing extremism is the biggest threat to the
nation and the nation is engaged in a war on Naxalites. On the
other, a central minister sympathises with Naxalites and the
Congress general secretary shares the dais with Naxals,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus