Permission to Vedanta given by UPA-I: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday reacted to Congress
General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s statement on the stalled
Vedanta mining project in Orissa, saying this was an attempt
to "fool" the people as permission to the firm was given by
"People will not be fooled because Vedanta permission was
given by UPA-I. P Chidambaram (Home Minister) was a director
of Vedanta and Abhishek Singhvi (Congress spokesperson) was
their advisor," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar claimed.
"You cannot fool all the people all the time," he said.
BJP also criticised Gandhi over a media report about a
suspected Maoist allegedly sharing dais with him.
"This is really fooling the people. On the one hand,
Congress says left wing extremism is the biggest threat to the
nation and the nation is engaged in a war on Naxalites. On the
other, a central minister sympathises with Naxalites and the
Congress general secretary shares the dais with Naxals,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH