Perpetrators of Hyderabad blasts will be apprehended: Shinde
New Delhi: Government will make all possible efforts to apprehend the perpetrators and masterminds behind the twin blasts in Hyderabad in which 16 people were killed and 117 injured, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told Parliament on Friday.
Making a statement in the Lok Sabha after touring the blast sites, Shinde said the situation was under control and the government was committed to combat such cowardly terror attacks.
He said twin blasts took place in a busy locality of Dilsukhnagar area of Hyderabad city at a local bus stop and a canteen, which were about 150 meters from each other at 6:58 pm and 7:01 pm yesterday.
"Preliminary investigations reveal that the IEDs were placed on bicycles causing explosion at both the places," he said, adding 16 persons were killed and 117 injured, four of them critically, in the blasts.
He said two cases have been registered by the police and the National Investigation Agency would investigate the case in conjunction with the Andhra Pradesh police.
Shinde said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had announced Rs two lakh as ex-gratia for next of kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 to the injured.
The state government has announced Rs six lakh to the next of kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 to Rs one lakh for the injured besides bearing all expenses for treatment of the injured, he said.
"The situation is under control," the Home Minister said.
Shinde said he, Home Secretary RK Singh and NIA director general SC Sinha visited Hyderabad and reviewed the situation with Governor ESL Narasimhan and Chief Minister K Kiran Kumar Reddy, the chief secretary, the director general of police and the commissioner of police.
Shinde said the state government immediately deployed emergency medical response team along with 25 ambulances to take the injured to the hospital.
"The state police and a team of NIA from the NIA Branch office at Hyderabad immediately reached the place of occurrence and cordoned off the area to collect evidence from the crime scene," he said.
Shinde said a team of NIA led by an Inspector General and post blast investigative team of the National Security Guard were sent to Hyderabad from Delhi at 9:30 pm last night by a special plane and they reached by 11:30 pm.
"Two cases have been registered vide CR No 146/2013 of Saroor Nagar Police Station, Cyberabad and CR No 56/2013 of Malkapet Police Station, Hyderabad City," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi