Persdonal baggage restriction in Samjhauta Express
New Delhi: Keeping security of passengers
in mind, Railways have put a ceiling of upto 35 kg of personal
luggage per passenger travelling in Samjhauta Express train to
Anything beyond this limit would have to be booked in
luggage van, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
"Passengers travelling in Samjhauta Express boarding
from Atari (Amritsar) would be allowed to carry only 35 kg of
personal baggage. The weight of baggage exceeding 35 kg will
have to be booked and carried in luggage van," the official
He said the move is being initiated to strengthen
security and safety in the train.
In case of other trains, the permissible luggage weight
that a passenger can carry is 70 kg in case of AC-1, 50 kg
AC-II, 40 kg in AC-III and sleeper class and in general
coaches the limit is 35 kg.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today