Persdonal baggage restriction in Samjhauta Express
New Delhi: Keeping security of passengers
in mind, Railways have put a ceiling of upto 35 kg of personal
luggage per passenger travelling in Samjhauta Express train to
Anything beyond this limit would have to be booked in
luggage van, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
"Passengers travelling in Samjhauta Express boarding
from Atari (Amritsar) would be allowed to carry only 35 kg of
personal baggage. The weight of baggage exceeding 35 kg will
have to be booked and carried in luggage van," the official
He said the move is being initiated to strengthen
security and safety in the train.
In case of other trains, the permissible luggage weight
that a passenger can carry is 70 kg in case of AC-1, 50 kg
AC-II, 40 kg in AC-III and sleeper class and in general
coaches the limit is 35 kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido
- Car bomb kills 11, wounds 18 in Shaab Shi'ite district of Baghdad: Police
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD