Persdonal baggage restriction in Samjhauta Express
New Delhi: Keeping security of passengers
in mind, Railways have put a ceiling of upto 35 kg of personal
luggage per passenger travelling in Samjhauta Express train to
Anything beyond this limit would have to be booked in
luggage van, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
"Passengers travelling in Samjhauta Express boarding
from Atari (Amritsar) would be allowed to carry only 35 kg of
personal baggage. The weight of baggage exceeding 35 kg will
have to be booked and carried in luggage van," the official
He said the move is being initiated to strengthen
security and safety in the train.
In case of other trains, the permissible luggage weight
that a passenger can carry is 70 kg in case of AC-1, 50 kg
AC-II, 40 kg in AC-III and sleeper class and in general
coaches the limit is 35 kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city