Persdonal baggage restriction in Samjhauta Express
New Delhi: Keeping security of passengers
in mind, Railways have put a ceiling of upto 35 kg of personal
luggage per passenger travelling in Samjhauta Express train to
Anything beyond this limit would have to be booked in
luggage van, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
"Passengers travelling in Samjhauta Express boarding
from Atari (Amritsar) would be allowed to carry only 35 kg of
personal baggage. The weight of baggage exceeding 35 kg will
have to be booked and carried in luggage van," the official
He said the move is being initiated to strengthen
security and safety in the train.
In case of other trains, the permissible luggage weight
that a passenger can carry is 70 kg in case of AC-1, 50 kg
AC-II, 40 kg in AC-III and sleeper class and in general
coaches the limit is 35 kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?