Pervez Musharraf dares Narendra Modi, calls him anti-Muslim, anti-Pakistan
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: While the governments of both the neighbouring nations are making efforts to strengthen their bilateral relations, former Pakistan's president Pervez Musharraf on Wednesday threatened Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi of dire consequences if he dared to hold a perspective against Pakistan.
The former Pakistani Army chief, Musharraf, in an interview to a Pakistani news channel said that Modi is anti-Muslim and anti-Pakistan.
“As far as my opinion is concerned about Narendra Modi, his attitude clearly shows that he is anti-Muslim and anti-Pakistan and there is no doubt about it. However, he has been elected as the Prime Minister of India and till now hasn't shown his cards,” said he.
The controversial Pakistani leader further went on to say that that there should not be any doubt in the minds of Indians and Modi that they can harm Pakistan.
“There shouldn't be any doubt in their minds that they can do anything to us. We are a strong nation and a nuclear power, so we should not treat him like a viceroy. We should just not pay heed to Modi and should leave him to his fate,” said he.
Slamming his remarks on India's PM, Congress leader Rashid Alvi said that Musharraf should not interfere in India's internal matters.
Besides him, BJP national spokesperson Sambit Patra said that Musharraf is an enemy of peace between India and Pakistan.
“Who is Musharraf to make such remarks? He is an enemy of peace between India and Pakistan and the one who triggered Kargil war,” said Patra.
Meanwhile, Union Minister of State, VK Singh called Pervez Musharraf a sick man.
"He is undergoing treatment. A sick man can utter anything. Why should we be bothered about it," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!