Petition against Ex-CJI Balakrishnan rejected on technical grounds
Thrissur: A petition seeking probe into the
allegations of amassment of wealth by the relatives of
National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) chairman, Justice K G
Balakrishnan, was on Thursday rejected by Inquiry Commissioner and
Special Judge (Vigilance) here on technical grounds.
When the case came up before the court today it was found
that there there was no spare copy of the petition.
The petitioner, who was present in the court brought to the
notice of the judge, V Jayaram, that he had submitted the
spare copy also along with the petition and handed over the
spare copy to the judge.
The judge directed the petitioner to submit it
to the office of the court and submit a fresh petition in two
Vattukulam submitted another fresh petition along with
the spare copy today itself. The case has been posted for
The petitioner, George Vattukulam, State President of the
Kerala Malayala Vedi, had alleged that justice Balakrishnan,
his brother K G Bhaskaran and son-in-law P V Sreenijan
had amassed wealth disproportionate to their known sources
The judge had earlier observed that jsutice Balakrishnan
would not come under the jurisdiction of the court and
directed the petitioner to submit a fresh petition removing
his name from the list of respondents.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata