Petition against Ex-CJI Balakrishnan rejected on technical grounds
Thrissur: A petition seeking probe into the
allegations of amassment of wealth by the relatives of
National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) chairman, Justice K G
Balakrishnan, was on Thursday rejected by Inquiry Commissioner and
Special Judge (Vigilance) here on technical grounds.
When the case came up before the court today it was found
that there there was no spare copy of the petition.
The petitioner, who was present in the court brought to the
notice of the judge, V Jayaram, that he had submitted the
spare copy also along with the petition and handed over the
spare copy to the judge.
The judge directed the petitioner to submit it
to the office of the court and submit a fresh petition in two
Vattukulam submitted another fresh petition along with
the spare copy today itself. The case has been posted for
The petitioner, George Vattukulam, State President of the
Kerala Malayala Vedi, had alleged that justice Balakrishnan,
his brother K G Bhaskaran and son-in-law P V Sreenijan
had amassed wealth disproportionate to their known sources
The judge had earlier observed that jsutice Balakrishnan
would not come under the jurisdiction of the court and
directed the petitioner to submit a fresh petition removing
his name from the list of respondents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video