Petition against Ex-CJI Balakrishnan rejected on technical grounds
Thrissur: A petition seeking probe into the
allegations of amassment of wealth by the relatives of
National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) chairman, Justice K G
Balakrishnan, was on Thursday rejected by Inquiry Commissioner and
Special Judge (Vigilance) here on technical grounds.
When the case came up before the court today it was found
that there there was no spare copy of the petition.
The petitioner, who was present in the court brought to the
notice of the judge, V Jayaram, that he had submitted the
spare copy also along with the petition and handed over the
spare copy to the judge.
The judge directed the petitioner to submit it
to the office of the court and submit a fresh petition in two
Vattukulam submitted another fresh petition along with
the spare copy today itself. The case has been posted for
The petitioner, George Vattukulam, State President of the
Kerala Malayala Vedi, had alleged that justice Balakrishnan,
his brother K G Bhaskaran and son-in-law P V Sreenijan
had amassed wealth disproportionate to their known sources
The judge had earlier observed that jsutice Balakrishnan
would not come under the jurisdiction of the court and
directed the petitioner to submit a fresh petition removing
his name from the list of respondents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'