Petition against Ex-CJI Balakrishnan rejected on technical grounds
Thrissur: A petition seeking probe into the
allegations of amassment of wealth by the relatives of
National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) chairman, Justice K G
Balakrishnan, was on Thursday rejected by Inquiry Commissioner and
Special Judge (Vigilance) here on technical grounds.
When the case came up before the court today it was found
that there there was no spare copy of the petition.
The petitioner, who was present in the court brought to the
notice of the judge, V Jayaram, that he had submitted the
spare copy also along with the petition and handed over the
spare copy to the judge.
The judge directed the petitioner to submit it
to the office of the court and submit a fresh petition in two
Vattukulam submitted another fresh petition along with
the spare copy today itself. The case has been posted for
The petitioner, George Vattukulam, State President of the
Kerala Malayala Vedi, had alleged that justice Balakrishnan,
his brother K G Bhaskaran and son-in-law P V Sreenijan
had amassed wealth disproportionate to their known sources
The judge had earlier observed that jsutice Balakrishnan
would not come under the jurisdiction of the court and
directed the petitioner to submit a fresh petition removing
his name from the list of respondents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!