Petition filed against Asaram for comments against Sonia, Rahul
Indore: A city-based lawyer on Saturday filed a petition in a local court here seeking action against controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, who is facing arrest in a case of sexual abuse of a minor girl, for allegedly making unsavoury remarks against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul.
The petitioner, Shailendra Dwivedi, told reporters he has filed the application in the court of Judicial Magistrate First class Ajay Pendam who has fixed the date of hearing to September 19.
Dwivedi said he wanted action against Asaram under sections 153 (a) (promoting religious hatred), 298 (uttering words, etc., with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings) and 500 (punishment for defamation) of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The advocate said he filed the petition on the basis of the statement made by Asaram insinuating Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi for his troubles.
"I am not against any party but people tell me that it is at the instance of madam and her son that this is happening. For four-years-and-a-half those behind (religious) conversions are getting their support," Asaram had told reporters in Bhopal without naming Sonia or the Congress Vice President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible