Petrol price hike unjustified: Rajnath
Jammu: Terming the recent hike in petrol prices as unjustified, senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Monday said if the Union government abolishes all taxes on fuels, the oil prices would come down drastically.
"The hike in petrol prices is totally unjustified. It will add to woes of the people already reeling under the price spiral," he told reporters here.
"Most of the taxes levied on petrol come from the Union government and if it abolishes all taxes on petrol, the price will come down to Rs 45-50 per litre," Rajnath said.
Asked about Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s recent comments that B S Yeddyurappa was proving to be a "human bomb" for the BJP, he said "I do not think there is any human bomb in the party."
On the arrest of YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case, Rajnath said it was a case of vendetta politics.
"Yes, I do believe that Jaganmohan Reddy is a victim of vendetta poltics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported