Petrol price hike unjustified: Rajnath
Jammu: Terming the recent hike in petrol prices as unjustified, senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Monday said if the Union government abolishes all taxes on fuels, the oil prices would come down drastically.
"The hike in petrol prices is totally unjustified. It will add to woes of the people already reeling under the price spiral," he told reporters here.
"Most of the taxes levied on petrol come from the Union government and if it abolishes all taxes on petrol, the price will come down to Rs 45-50 per litre," Rajnath said.
Asked about Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s recent comments that B S Yeddyurappa was proving to be a "human bomb" for the BJP, he said "I do not think there is any human bomb in the party."
On the arrest of YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case, Rajnath said it was a case of vendetta politics.
"Yes, I do believe that Jaganmohan Reddy is a victim of vendetta poltics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming