Petrol price hike unjustified: Rajnath
Jammu: Terming the recent hike in petrol prices as unjustified, senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Monday said if the Union government abolishes all taxes on fuels, the oil prices would come down drastically.
"The hike in petrol prices is totally unjustified. It will add to woes of the people already reeling under the price spiral," he told reporters here.
"Most of the taxes levied on petrol come from the Union government and if it abolishes all taxes on petrol, the price will come down to Rs 45-50 per litre," Rajnath said.
Asked about Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s recent comments that B S Yeddyurappa was proving to be a "human bomb" for the BJP, he said "I do not think there is any human bomb in the party."
On the arrest of YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case, Rajnath said it was a case of vendetta politics.
"Yes, I do believe that Jaganmohan Reddy is a victim of vendetta poltics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth