Petrol price hike unjustified: Rajnath
Jammu: Terming the recent hike in petrol prices as unjustified, senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Monday said if the Union government abolishes all taxes on fuels, the oil prices would come down drastically.
"The hike in petrol prices is totally unjustified. It will add to woes of the people already reeling under the price spiral," he told reporters here.
"Most of the taxes levied on petrol come from the Union government and if it abolishes all taxes on petrol, the price will come down to Rs 45-50 per litre," Rajnath said.
Asked about Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s recent comments that B S Yeddyurappa was proving to be a "human bomb" for the BJP, he said "I do not think there is any human bomb in the party."
On the arrest of YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case, Rajnath said it was a case of vendetta politics.
"Yes, I do believe that Jaganmohan Reddy is a victim of vendetta poltics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'