Petrol price hike unjustified: Rajnath
Jammu: Terming the recent hike in petrol prices as unjustified, senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Monday said if the Union government abolishes all taxes on fuels, the oil prices would come down drastically.
"The hike in petrol prices is totally unjustified. It will add to woes of the people already reeling under the price spiral," he told reporters here.
"Most of the taxes levied on petrol come from the Union government and if it abolishes all taxes on petrol, the price will come down to Rs 45-50 per litre," Rajnath said.
Asked about Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s recent comments that B S Yeddyurappa was proving to be a "human bomb" for the BJP, he said "I do not think there is any human bomb in the party."
On the arrest of YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case, Rajnath said it was a case of vendetta politics.
"Yes, I do believe that Jaganmohan Reddy is a victim of vendetta poltics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'