PF scam: CBI for arrest warrant against 6 judges
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Thursday demanded that non-bailable arrest warrant be issued against six judges in the Provident Fund scam during a hearing before a special CBI court in Ghaziabad.
Despite chargesheet filed against them, the judges failed to appear in court. The court on December 22, 2010, summoned 70 people, including six retired judges, named in the supplementary chargesheet submitted by the investigative agency in July in connection with the scam.
The six former judges, who have been summoned to the CBI special court are: RP Mishra, RP Yadav, RN Mishra, AK Singh, RS Chaubey and Arun Kumar. The original chargesheet filed by the Ghaziabad police had reportedly listed around 75 accused in the case.
The scam was exposed after special CBI judge Rama Jain lodged a criminal case against 70 people at Kavi Nagar police station on February 15, 2008. No judge was, however, named in the FIR. The scam involved the alleged fraudulent withdrawal of provident funds by using the accounts of the court’s class III and class IV employees. Investigation in the scam, which was launched in 2001, continued till 2008.
The supplementary chargesheet, however, was filed in the court by the CBI on July. While the agency found 50 persons named in the original chargesheet as the scam accused, seven of them turned approver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore