PG courses: MCI proposes national eligibility test
New Delhi: In line with its decision to
revamp medical education in the country, the Medical Council
of India has proposed to hold National Eligibility cum
Entrance tests for (NEET) Post Graduate and Super Speciality
courses in a changed format from next year.
A total of 1,50,000 under graduate candidates, who
have completed internship, or those expecting to complete by
March 31, 2012 will be eligible to take the NEET for entrance
to Post Graduate courses.
It will be notified in August 2011 with applications
collected by September end, MCI sources said.
The admit cards will be dispatched by the middle of
November, The examination will be online type conducted in the
middle of January, 2012 and the number of sessions will be
finalised after the feasibility is explored.
The MD/MS courses will commence from May 2, 2012. The
candidates aspiring for direct five-year neurosurgery and
neurology super-specialty or similar courses will have to
take this NEET-PG examination for the courses commencing in
There will be a common paper with 180 questions at
MBBS standard to be answered in three hours.
The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Super
Specialities (NEET-SS) for 2012 would be held for candidates
who have completed post-graduation (MD/MS) or those expecting
to complete postgraduation by June 15, 2012.
About 6000 to 7000 candidates are expected to take the
examination with courses commencing from August one, 2012. It
will be notified in February 2012 in all online formats by
April end. The admit cards will be dispatched by the middle of
May and the exam will be be conducted in the middle of June.
The paper will consist of about 150 to 180 questions
of three-hours duration, the sources said, adding the
examination will be online.
The changes in the examination patterns are yet to be
cleared by the Union Health Ministry.
Another proposed examination, the Medical Council of
India, Indian Medical Graduate (IMG) Licentiate Examination is
also proposed to be held for the first time on 2013.
The examination will consist of questions to assess
minimum defined standards for an Indian Medical Graduate(IMG).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath
- Panasonic launches 4G VoLTE smartphone Eluga A2 at Rs 9,490