PIL in SC seeking cancellation of coal blocks
New Delhi: A PIL was on Monday filed in the Supreme Court for quashing allotment of the controversial 194 coal blocks between 2004 and 2011 on the ground that they were "unconstitutional" and "arbitrary" creating a huge loss of Rs 160 lakh crore to the public exchequer.
The petition, filed by advocate Manohar Lal Sharma quoting the purported findings of CAG report, urged the apex court to direct and monitor a CBI inquiry into the alleged scandal.
It was alleged that Manmohan Singh, being the Prime Minister, had control over the working of CBI and CVC and hence the probe should be monitored by the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof