PIL urges SC to monitor CBI`s probe in Aarushi murder case
New Delhi: A PIL was filed in the
Supreme Court today urging it to monitor the investigations
being conducted by CBI into the sensational murder of teenaged
girl Aarushi Talwar and her domestic help Hemraj.
The petition filed by advocate Ajay Agrawal has
alleged CBI and the Noida police have failed to crack the case
even 16 months after the gruesome killings and have come out
with conflicting versions on the motive and identity of the
Aarushi and Hemraj were found murdered in the family`s
Jalvayu Vihar apartment on May 16, 2008.
The petition said that besides a number of
discrepancies in the investigations, there has been reports
that the vaginal swab of the victim was tampered with to
shield the accused.
It was pointed out that even the mobile phone of
Aarushi was recovered by the Delhi police and not CBI which
has been investigating the case from June 1, 2008.
According to the petition, it was ironical that while
the Noida police had accused Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar, a
dentist, as the prime accused and listed his compounder
Krishna as a key witness, CBI had overturned the findings
giving a clean cheat to the dentist while arraigning the
compounder as a prime accused.
It was further alleged that CBI was embroiled in
internal politics and a number of the officials associated
with the investigations had been transferred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?