Pillai says no information on arrest of top UNLF militant in Bangladesh
Imphal: Union Home Secretary GK Pillai denied any knowledge of the reported arrest of United National Liberation Front (UNLF) chairman RK Sanayaima in Bangladesh.
Talking to reporters here on the sidelines of a seminar on Monday, Pillai said: "We have no information about his (Sanayaima) detention in Bangladesh. All these media reports that Sanayaima was arrested in Bangladesh and was brought to India are not correct."
Pillai further said that India would hold talks with Bangladesh after fully ascertaining the facts about the arrest of the top militant.
"We have no official word. So, let us now wait to get any official word from Bangladesh. So, I think it is not fair to blame the Government of India because we can`t make statements when we do not anything about it," he added.
He said that the Centre would try to find out whether Bangladesh authorities detained anyone.
"Sanayaima may be in custody of Bangladesh government under some other names. These people use various names," Pillai said.
Following reports in the sections of the media, UNLF vice-chairman Kh Pambei issued a statement on October 16, claiming RAW and Bangladesh intelligence officials intercepted Sanayaima while he was travelling in a car from Dhaka on September 29.
The media reports said Sanayaima was arrested in Bangladesh and was brought to Delhi. So far Manipur government has been denied about the rebel leader`s arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?