PILs against Modi’s Madras varsity talk, Kanpur rally dismissed
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Chennai/Kanpur: Two separate Public Interest Litigations (PILs) that were filed against Narendra Modi’s participation at a function at the Madras University campus and his mega-rally in Kanpur tomorrow were rejected by Madras and Allahabad high courts respectively on Friday.
The function at the Madras University centenary hall, scheduled to be held today evening, has been arranged by the Palkhivala Foundation to release a book authored by Arun Shourie.
Objecting Modi`s participation in the function, Thanga Tamizhvelan, president of Tamizhnadu Makkal Katchi (TMK), in his PIL said it was not fair to allow a political leader "known for his Hindu fundamentalism" to speak at the university.
PIL against Kanpur rally rejected
Meanwhile, the Allahabad High Court also has rejected a PIL filed by Dalit farmers to shift the venue of Narendra Modi`s rally in Kanpur on Saturday.
In their petition, the farmers had alleged that their agricultural land has been encroached for rally, without their consent, and this will destroy their crop.
PIL against Kanpur rally
The Allahabad High Court has agreed to hear a PIL filed by Dalit farmers to shift the venue of Narendra Modi`s rally in Kanpur on Saturday. The court will hear the PIL today.
In their petition, the farmers have alleged that their agricultural land has been encroached for rally, without their consent, and this will destroy their crop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report