PJ Kurien elected Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman
New Delhi: Congress member PJ Kurien was on Tuesday unanimously elected Deputy Chairperson of the Rajya Sabha.
The motion for Kurien`s election was moved by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and seconded by Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley. Members from several other parties also seconded the motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet