PJ Kurien elected Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman
New Delhi: Congress member PJ Kurien was on Tuesday unanimously elected Deputy Chairperson of the Rajya Sabha.
The motion for Kurien`s election was moved by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and seconded by Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley. Members from several other parties also seconded the motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!