PJ Kurien elected Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman
New Delhi: Congress member PJ Kurien was on Tuesday unanimously elected Deputy Chairperson of the Rajya Sabha.
The motion for Kurien`s election was moved by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and seconded by Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley. Members from several other parties also seconded the motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details