PJ Thomas mulls review petition against SC order
New Delhi: P J Thomas may consider filing a review petition in the Supreme Court which today quashed his appointment as CVC, his counsel indicated on Thursday night.
Dismissing reports that Thomas has resigned, his counsel Wills Mathews said he would go through the judgement and consider "whether to resign or to file a review petition".
Speaking to PTI, the counsel claimed Thomas has not yet gone through the judgement and would take a decision only after perusing it.
"I just talked to him. He was prepared to resign long back but at that time there was a legal opinion that he should not resign. So he continued," the counsel claimed.
Citing the provisions in the CVC Act, Mathews said he can be removed only by the President or alternatively he can resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch