PJ Thomas mulls review petition against SC order
New Delhi: P J Thomas may consider filing a review petition in the Supreme Court which today quashed his appointment as CVC, his counsel indicated on Thursday night.
Dismissing reports that Thomas has resigned, his counsel Wills Mathews said he would go through the judgement and consider "whether to resign or to file a review petition".
Speaking to PTI, the counsel claimed Thomas has not yet gone through the judgement and would take a decision only after perusing it.
"I just talked to him. He was prepared to resign long back but at that time there was a legal opinion that he should not resign. So he continued," the counsel claimed.
Citing the provisions in the CVC Act, Mathews said he can be removed only by the President or alternatively he can resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!