PLA officers celebrate Republic Day with Indian Army
Kolkata: Signalling rare bonhomie among the two armies, officers of the Chinese People`s Liberation Army (PLA) celebrated Republic Day with jawans of the Indian Army at the international border, officials said here on Monday.
At Nathu La pass in Sikkim, a special Border Personnel Meeting was organised with a delegation of seven officers led by a Brigadier equivalent officer of PLA yesterday.
The PLA delegation wished the troops of Indian Army on the occasion of Republic Day and the meeting was followed by a cultural programme from both sides, Army sources said.
The occasion was celebrated with enthusiasm and patriotism under Trishakti Corps and its Mountain Divisions.
At the Corps HQ in Sukna, all officers and jawans paid tribute to the martyrs at the war memorial.
GOC Trishakti Corps Lt Gen KJ Singh laid a wreath on behalf of all soldiers of the Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief