PLA officers celebrate Republic Day with Indian Army
Kolkata: Signalling rare bonhomie among the two armies, officers of the Chinese People`s Liberation Army (PLA) celebrated Republic Day with jawans of the Indian Army at the international border, officials said here on Monday.
At Nathu La pass in Sikkim, a special Border Personnel Meeting was organised with a delegation of seven officers led by a Brigadier equivalent officer of PLA yesterday.
The PLA delegation wished the troops of Indian Army on the occasion of Republic Day and the meeting was followed by a cultural programme from both sides, Army sources said.
The occasion was celebrated with enthusiasm and patriotism under Trishakti Corps and its Mountain Divisions.
At the Corps HQ in Sukna, all officers and jawans paid tribute to the martyrs at the war memorial.
GOC Trishakti Corps Lt Gen KJ Singh laid a wreath on behalf of all soldiers of the Corps.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata