Place VIP tour info on websites: CIC to Prez Secretariat
New Delhi: The Central Information Commission has suggested that the government should upload online as much information as possible on the expenses incurred on VIP visits abroad.
"We have been noticing a lot of public interest in the visit of such high dignitaries as the President, the Vice President and the Prime Minister of India. Quite often, one comes across RTI applications seeking similar information about these visits," Chief Information Commissioner Satyananda Mishra said.
He was hearing the plea of activist Subhash Agrawal who sought details of expenses incurred on the visit of former president Pratibha Patil.
"While admitting that the official visits of these dignitaries have a strong security angle to it, in this age of transparency, there is a case for placing as much information about these visits as possible in the public domain," he said.
"We would suggest that the authority responsible in President Secretariat may decide to upload as much information as possible about the official visits, specially the details of the delegation accompanying the President, in the official website for the information of the general public."
He said similarly if possible to compile the total expenditure on the visit, an aggregate figure of such expenditure for each visit and if not possible to compile such details for each visit at least for the entire year should be uploaded.
"This would go a long way in satisfying the public curiosity in this regard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!