Plan panel asks CAG to audit scheme for Naxal-hit areas
New Delhi: The Planning Commission has asked
government auditor CAG to conduct a special audit of the Rs 3,300 crore plan for infrastructure development in the
In a communication sent to the Comptroller and Auditor
General of India (CAG) last week, the Plan panel has said the
government auditor should ascertain whether the funds provided
under the Central schemes have been properly utilised for
development in the Naxal-hit areas.
"We are yet to decide on the special audit," a CAG
official said adding in any case, it picks up districts at
random for the field inspection.
The Centre had launched in December, an integrated
action Plan (IAP) for infrastructural development in Naxal
affected states. The Rs 3,300 crore action plan was to be
spread out in 60 affected tribal and backward districts across
Several districts in the states of Chhattisgarh,
Jharkhand, Orissa, West Bengal, Bihar, Maharashtra and Andhra
Pradesh are adversely affected by Naxals.
The IAP scheme is over and above the existing Central
plans for the states.
CAG pointed out the under-utilisation of government funds
in several Naxal-hit districts in the past. There has not been
much improvement in the efficacy of such schemes, the official
The IAP, to be implemented in two years, is intended to
provide redressal to problems relating to healthcare, drinking
water, education and roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi