Plan panel asks states to showcase success stories
New Delhi: Plan panel has asked states to furnish details of their success stories of plans and their executions, which could help the UPA government to showcase the efficacy of its central schemes and policies during state assembly polls and also the general elections due next year.
Planning Commission has convened a meeting of officials of state planning boards on Wednesday to discuss various aspects of planning and implementation of policies within the states, for showcasing their success stories.
"…Meeting is being structured to allow representatives from the states to present their success stories in both planning and execution of plans," says a Planning Commission`s letter to the state planning boards and commissions.
The communication further says that the meeting is being organised "to enable states to learn from each other".
During the meeting the Commission wants states to deliberate on themes including health, skill development, power and innovations in planning and execution.
The Commission wants the states to have six presentations on best practises -two each on the three chosen subjects including health, skill development and power--in the forenoon session.
It has also asked states to propose three presentations on best practises on improvement of planning processes.
The commission want the states "to focus on how good planning and coordination with implementing agencies and ministries have led to successful execution of the chosen initiatives", in their presentations on success stories during the day-long meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read