Plan panel initiative to improve governance, fight corruption
New Delhi: At a time when the government is
facing plethora of scandals relating to 2G spectrum sale and
the Commonwealth Games, the Planning Commission on Wednesday solicited views from the public to improve governance and
People can now submit their suggestions and views on
policies and programmes which could be taken up during
five-year period ending March 2017, Planning Commission Deputy
Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia said while launching a
dedicated website for the 12th Plan (2012-17).
"I am expecting people to give their views (on inflation
and corruption). I find a lot of people have views on
corruption. The issue of corruption becomes very relevant we
would like to see what they have to say," Ahluwalia said.
The Commission will be preparing a detailed five-year
plan by January-February 2012, he said, adding the web-based
consultation process make the whole process more inclusive by
allowing different stakeholders to participate in the
The Congress-led UPA government is under attack from
Opposition parties over allegations of corruption relating to
allocation of 2G spectrum to telecom companies, mis-management
in Commonwealth Games, Adarsh Society scandal and appointment
of the Central Vigilance Commissioner.
As part of the preparatory exercise, the Commission
formulates an Approach Paper for the Plan. Once the Approach
Paper is approved by the Cabinet and the National Development
Council, the five-year Plan is drawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly