Plan to attack Nashik police academy: Jundal
New Delhi: Key terror suspect Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, under the custody of Indian security agencies, has confessed to a plan to attack the Nashik police academy.
As per reports, Tuesday, Jundal has claimed that the plan – similar to the attack on Lahore police academy in 2009 - was hatched under the guidance of Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Baba Rehman Sheikh.
Jundal is believed to be one of the key handlers of the 26/11 attacks. An Indian national, he was arrested after being deported from Saudi Arabia.
He has confessed to investigators that he was in a control room in Karachi from where the 10 terrorists who carried out the Mumbai attacks were controlled.
Also, as per Jundal, an ISI officer of the rank of major general was present in the 26/11 control room, along with Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
Another vital piece of information provided by Ansari is that the LeT has shifted its operational command headquarters to the Dolai area in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). According to Ansari, this was done after there was a crackdown on the LeT and its operations post 26/11. Earlier, the operational headquarters was in Muridke.
Ansari has also informed that after the arrest of Lakhvi for his involvement in the Mumbai attacks, Muzamil Bhatt was made head of LeT operations and he is currently working out of Dolai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in