Plan to attack Nashik police academy: Jundal
New Delhi: Key terror suspect Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, under the custody of Indian security agencies, has confessed to a plan to attack the Nashik police academy.
As per reports, Tuesday, Jundal has claimed that the plan – similar to the attack on Lahore police academy in 2009 - was hatched under the guidance of Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Baba Rehman Sheikh.
Jundal is believed to be one of the key handlers of the 26/11 attacks. An Indian national, he was arrested after being deported from Saudi Arabia.
He has confessed to investigators that he was in a control room in Karachi from where the 10 terrorists who carried out the Mumbai attacks were controlled.
Also, as per Jundal, an ISI officer of the rank of major general was present in the 26/11 control room, along with Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
Another vital piece of information provided by Ansari is that the LeT has shifted its operational command headquarters to the Dolai area in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). According to Ansari, this was done after there was a crackdown on the LeT and its operations post 26/11. Earlier, the operational headquarters was in Muridke.
Ansari has also informed that after the arrest of Lakhvi for his involvement in the Mumbai attacks, Muzamil Bhatt was made head of LeT operations and he is currently working out of Dolai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list