Plan working group for focus on minority concentration areas
New Delhi: A working group for formulation of the 12th Plan has outlined restructuring of multi-sectoral development programme (MsDP) to sharpen focus on minority concentration areas of the country, Rajya Sabha was informed on Monday.
Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said during Question Hour that for accelerated development of minorities, the Working Group on the Empowerment of Minorities for formulation of the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) has outlined "some modifications" in implementation of Prime Minister`s New 15-Point Programme.
"This also includes restructuring of MsDP to sharpen focus on minority concentration areas and inclusion of more flagship schemes under the PM`s 15-Point Programme," he said.
He said his ministry has agreed "in principle" to make these suggestions a part of future strategy.
For developing infrastructure for skill up-gradation of minorities, 71 ITIs and 31 polytechnics have been sanctioned for construction or up-gradation in minority concentration districts (MCDs) under MsDP during the last five years, he said.
The minister also said that under the PM`s New 15-Point Programme for welfare of minorities, 9,92,434 swarozgaris have been assisted during 2007-08 up to February, 2012, under Swarnjayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojna (now renamed as Aajeevika Scheme) implemented by Rural Development Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources