Plan working group for focus on minority concentration areas
New Delhi: A working group for formulation of the 12th Plan has outlined restructuring of multi-sectoral development programme (MsDP) to sharpen focus on minority concentration areas of the country, Rajya Sabha was informed on Monday.
Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said during Question Hour that for accelerated development of minorities, the Working Group on the Empowerment of Minorities for formulation of the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) has outlined "some modifications" in implementation of Prime Minister`s New 15-Point Programme.
"This also includes restructuring of MsDP to sharpen focus on minority concentration areas and inclusion of more flagship schemes under the PM`s 15-Point Programme," he said.
He said his ministry has agreed "in principle" to make these suggestions a part of future strategy.
For developing infrastructure for skill up-gradation of minorities, 71 ITIs and 31 polytechnics have been sanctioned for construction or up-gradation in minority concentration districts (MCDs) under MsDP during the last five years, he said.
The minister also said that under the PM`s New 15-Point Programme for welfare of minorities, 9,92,434 swarozgaris have been assisted during 2007-08 up to February, 2012, under Swarnjayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojna (now renamed as Aajeevika Scheme) implemented by Rural Development Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA