Plan working group for focus on minority concentration areas
New Delhi: A working group for formulation of the 12th Plan has outlined restructuring of multi-sectoral development programme (MsDP) to sharpen focus on minority concentration areas of the country, Rajya Sabha was informed on Monday.
Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said during Question Hour that for accelerated development of minorities, the Working Group on the Empowerment of Minorities for formulation of the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) has outlined "some modifications" in implementation of Prime Minister`s New 15-Point Programme.
"This also includes restructuring of MsDP to sharpen focus on minority concentration areas and inclusion of more flagship schemes under the PM`s 15-Point Programme," he said.
He said his ministry has agreed "in principle" to make these suggestions a part of future strategy.
For developing infrastructure for skill up-gradation of minorities, 71 ITIs and 31 polytechnics have been sanctioned for construction or up-gradation in minority concentration districts (MCDs) under MsDP during the last five years, he said.
The minister also said that under the PM`s New 15-Point Programme for welfare of minorities, 9,92,434 swarozgaris have been assisted during 2007-08 up to February, 2012, under Swarnjayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojna (now renamed as Aajeevika Scheme) implemented by Rural Development Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage