Plan working group for focus on minority concentration areas
New Delhi: A working group for formulation of the 12th Plan has outlined restructuring of multi-sectoral development programme (MsDP) to sharpen focus on minority concentration areas of the country, Rajya Sabha was informed on Monday.
Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said during Question Hour that for accelerated development of minorities, the Working Group on the Empowerment of Minorities for formulation of the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) has outlined "some modifications" in implementation of Prime Minister`s New 15-Point Programme.
"This also includes restructuring of MsDP to sharpen focus on minority concentration areas and inclusion of more flagship schemes under the PM`s 15-Point Programme," he said.
He said his ministry has agreed "in principle" to make these suggestions a part of future strategy.
For developing infrastructure for skill up-gradation of minorities, 71 ITIs and 31 polytechnics have been sanctioned for construction or up-gradation in minority concentration districts (MCDs) under MsDP during the last five years, he said.
The minister also said that under the PM`s New 15-Point Programme for welfare of minorities, 9,92,434 swarozgaris have been assisted during 2007-08 up to February, 2012, under Swarnjayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojna (now renamed as Aajeevika Scheme) implemented by Rural Development Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre