Planted bombs in Pune, Delhi, Bangalore: Yasin Bhatkal
New Delhi: Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal had planted IEDs at German Bakery in Pune and Bangalore`s Chinnaswamy Stadium and provided explosives for 2008 Delhi serial blasts, he confessed before a magistrate.
In his confessional statement recorded under section 164 of the CrPC in October last year, Bhatkal said that the May 2008 serial blasts at Jaipur were carried out to "test" the capacity of improvised explosive device (IEDs) prepared by him. He also said he was inspired by a Hollywood movie in preparing IEDs.
The statement has been filed in a Delhi court by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) along with its charge sheet against Bhatkal and three others.
Bhatkal, who in 2001 had started the business of garments and perfume, also confessed that he had prepared IEDs for the July 26, 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts in which 21 bombs had exploded killing over 50 people.
"We (Yasin and his associates) accordingly blasted at German Bakery, Pune on February 13, 2010 and we all did these activities at the instructions of Bhatkal brothers (Riyaz and Iqbal). Thereafter, I planted five IEDs on April 16, 2010 at Chinnaswamy stadium, Bangalore," Bhatkal told the magistrate.
"On September 19, 2010 on the day of anniversary of Batla encounter, I along with... Planted bombs at Jama Masjid area, Delhi. I planted IEDs," he said.
Regarding his role in July 2011 serial blasts at Mumbai`s Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House, Bhatkal said he had himself planted two IEDs there. Over 20 people were killed and 125 injured in the serial blasts.
He said that September 13, 2008, Delhi serial blasts was carried out by the members of IM`s Azamgarh group and he had provided 10 IEDs for the strikes.
"Riyaz Bhatkal (co-founder of IM) and Azamgarh group are responsible for said serial bomb blast that took place at Delhi. I have no role at all in the said blasting except supplying 10 IEDs," he told the magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe