Platform tickets back at Delhi stations
New Delhi: The suspension on sale of
platform tickets imposed after last Sunday`s stampede in New
Delhi station has been lifted, but it will remain in force in
major stations here during peak hours.
"The suspension has been lifted with immediate effect
in New Delhi, Old Delhi and Hazrat Nizamuddin station but sale
of platform tickets will be barred during peak hours," said a
Northern Railway spokesperson.
Last Sunday`s stampede in New Delhi station due to
heavy rush of passengers had claimed two lives and injured
eight others, following which Railways had stopped sale of
Platform tickets will now be available at the station
throughout the day except between 1.00 pm to 4.30 pm when the
rush is at its peak, said the spokesperson.
At Old Delhi station, sale of platform tickets will be
stopped between 2.00 pm and 6.00 pm and between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm.
Likewise, at Hazrat Nizamuddin station, platform tickets will
not be issued between 1.00 pm and 3.00 pm.
Platform tickets at Delhi Sarai Rohilla and Anand
Vihar Terminal will be available throughout the day.
Railways in its preliminary investigation has held
tripping on the foot over bridge as the cause of the mishap
and denied that the incident was because of the last minute
change in platforms of two Bihar-bound trains.
The spokesperson further said in view of the excessive
summer rush Northern Railway has also decided to change
platforms of several trains in New Delhi, Old Delhi and Hazrat
Nizamuddin stations from Monday onwards.
Accordingly, New Delhi-Muzaffarpur Sapt Kranti
Express, New Delhi-Howrah Poorva Express and New Delhi-
Guwahati North East Express originating from PF No 13 will
depart from PF No 16 from tomorrow.
At Hazrat Nizamuddin station, Mumbai Central bound
August Kranti Rajdhani Express originating from PF No 3 will
depart from PF No 6, the spokesperson said.
Dakshin Express bound for Hyderabad originating from
PF No 7 will depart from PF No 5 while Bangalore Rajdhani
Express originating from PF No 5 will depart from PF No 4 at
Similarly, Hazrat Nizamuddin-Habib Ganj Bhopal
Express originating from PF No 6 will depart from PF No 5 and
Hazrat Nizamuddin-Indore Intercity Express originating from
PF No 5 will depart from PF No 6, the spokesperson said.
At Old Delhi station, Delhi-Kathgodam Uttaranchal
Sampark Kranti Express originating from PF No 5/6 will depart
from PF No 11/12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh