Platform tickets back at Delhi stations
New Delhi: The suspension on sale of
platform tickets imposed after last Sunday`s stampede in New
Delhi station has been lifted, but it will remain in force in
major stations here during peak hours.
"The suspension has been lifted with immediate effect
in New Delhi, Old Delhi and Hazrat Nizamuddin station but sale
of platform tickets will be barred during peak hours," said a
Northern Railway spokesperson.
Last Sunday`s stampede in New Delhi station due to
heavy rush of passengers had claimed two lives and injured
eight others, following which Railways had stopped sale of
Platform tickets will now be available at the station
throughout the day except between 1.00 pm to 4.30 pm when the
rush is at its peak, said the spokesperson.
At Old Delhi station, sale of platform tickets will be
stopped between 2.00 pm and 6.00 pm and between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm.
Likewise, at Hazrat Nizamuddin station, platform tickets will
not be issued between 1.00 pm and 3.00 pm.
Platform tickets at Delhi Sarai Rohilla and Anand
Vihar Terminal will be available throughout the day.
Railways in its preliminary investigation has held
tripping on the foot over bridge as the cause of the mishap
and denied that the incident was because of the last minute
change in platforms of two Bihar-bound trains.
The spokesperson further said in view of the excessive
summer rush Northern Railway has also decided to change
platforms of several trains in New Delhi, Old Delhi and Hazrat
Nizamuddin stations from Monday onwards.
Accordingly, New Delhi-Muzaffarpur Sapt Kranti
Express, New Delhi-Howrah Poorva Express and New Delhi-
Guwahati North East Express originating from PF No 13 will
depart from PF No 16 from tomorrow.
At Hazrat Nizamuddin station, Mumbai Central bound
August Kranti Rajdhani Express originating from PF No 3 will
depart from PF No 6, the spokesperson said.
Dakshin Express bound for Hyderabad originating from
PF No 7 will depart from PF No 5 while Bangalore Rajdhani
Express originating from PF No 5 will depart from PF No 4 at
Similarly, Hazrat Nizamuddin-Habib Ganj Bhopal
Express originating from PF No 6 will depart from PF No 5 and
Hazrat Nizamuddin-Indore Intercity Express originating from
PF No 5 will depart from PF No 6, the spokesperson said.
At Old Delhi station, Delhi-Kathgodam Uttaranchal
Sampark Kranti Express originating from PF No 5/6 will depart
from PF No 11/12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Pak asks world community to play role to resolve Kashmir issue
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help