Plea against CBSE grading system for students dism
New Delhi: A plea by some senior secondary
schools, challenging the CBSE decision to introduce grading
system to evaluate Class IX and X students from academic year
2009-2010 was dismissed today by the Delhi High Court.
Turning down the plea by Independent Schools Federation
of India, a bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice
Sanjiv Khanna said the court would not like to interfere with
the Central Board of Secondary Education`s (CBSE) decision
which is a policy matter.
The high court`s division bench upheld the single judge`s
verdict which had endorsed CBSE`s decision saying the
education regulatory body had consulted the experts from the
field of education before introducing the new methodology.
"This court is not an expert to judge the decision of
CBSE that has been arrived at after undertaking detailed
exercise. It is a policy decision relating to education," the
Dismissing the schools` counsel`s arguments that the CBSE
decision was arbitrary and unconstitutional, the court said
"we are unable to persuade ourselves to accept the submission
of the petitioner counsel that the circular introducing the
new methodology of CBSE invites the frown of Article 14 of the
Constitution of India being unreasonable and arbitrary."
The court accepted the regulatory body`s reasoning for
introduction of grading system saying CBSE had intended to
make the system more effective.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt