Plea against Nirmal Baba reveals no cognisable offence: cop
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Monday told a court here that no cognisable offence is made out against self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba in a complaint, which has accused him of cheating people and breaching their trust.
"No cognisable offence is made out in the matter," the police said in its action-taken-report on the complaint to Metropolitan Magistrate Aparna Swamy.
A cognisable offence is a criminal offence in which the police is empowered to register an FIR and investigate the offence on its own and arrest an accused without any warrant issued by a court.
The police submitted the ATR to the court on a complaint of advocate Prem Shankar Sharma, who has sought directions to police to register an FIR against Nirmaljeet Singh Narula, popularly known as Nirmal Baba, for allegedly cheating, committing criminal breach of trust and hurting religious sentiments of the people.
The agency also said since Nirmal Baba`s office is located at Kalkaji in South Delhi, the complaint was forwarded there and thereafter, a status report was obtained from the office of the Additional CP (South East District).
It its ATR, the police said as per the legal opinion, obtained from the prosecution branch, no cognisable offence is made out in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA