Plea in court seeking FIR against retired SC judges
Lucknow: A social activist has moved a court here for registration of an FIR against two former Supreme Court judges, against whom two law interns have leveled allegations of sexual harassment.
Nutan Thakur has moved an application before Chief Judicial Magistrate for registration of case.
The application said that as a social activist and mother of a young law student, Thakur felt that "it was her duty to register an FIR against such people who have committed these crimes as alleged by two young interns."
She said that the FIR must be registered in compliance with the recent Supreme Court order in Lalita Kumari versus State of Uttar Pradesh and others which has made registration of FIR compulsory.
Thakur claimed that she initially moved the application in Gomtinagar police station but no case was registered.
The case is likely to come up for hearing on Monday.
Two students of NUJS, a premier Law school in Kolkata, have leveled allegation of sexual harassment against two Supreme Court judges.
The apex court has formed a three-judge committee to probe the charges leveled by a law intern.
The allegation by second girl surfaced yesterday. She had narrated her ordeal on a social networking site on November 11 under her own name but the comments have now been removed from it, reported the website Legally India, which first came out with the fresh allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog