Plea in court seeking FIR against retired SC judges
Lucknow: A social activist has moved a court here for registration of an FIR against two former Supreme Court judges, against whom two law interns have leveled allegations of sexual harassment.
Nutan Thakur has moved an application before Chief Judicial Magistrate for registration of case.
The application said that as a social activist and mother of a young law student, Thakur felt that "it was her duty to register an FIR against such people who have committed these crimes as alleged by two young interns."
She said that the FIR must be registered in compliance with the recent Supreme Court order in Lalita Kumari versus State of Uttar Pradesh and others which has made registration of FIR compulsory.
Thakur claimed that she initially moved the application in Gomtinagar police station but no case was registered.
The case is likely to come up for hearing on Monday.
Two students of NUJS, a premier Law school in Kolkata, have leveled allegation of sexual harassment against two Supreme Court judges.
The apex court has formed a three-judge committee to probe the charges leveled by a law intern.
The allegation by second girl surfaced yesterday. She had narrated her ordeal on a social networking site on November 11 under her own name but the comments have now been removed from it, reported the website Legally India, which first came out with the fresh allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj