Plea to centre to take steps to get hostages released
Kochi: The Merchant Navy Officers Welfare Association (MNOWA), here has urged the Union government to take immediate steps to for the early release of the Indians who have been taken hostage by the Somali Pirates.
The association, which took out a march here, yesterday, said the hostages were until now were being physically and mentally tortured by the pirates. But with the recent killing of the 4 US nationals in their yacht, the pirates have shown
that they would stoop to any levels, the association said in a press statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred