Plea to centre to take steps to get hostages released
Kochi: The Merchant Navy Officers Welfare Association (MNOWA), here has urged the Union government to take immediate steps to for the early release of the Indians who have been taken hostage by the Somali Pirates.
The association, which took out a march here, yesterday, said the hostages were until now were being physically and mentally tortured by the pirates. But with the recent killing of the 4 US nationals in their yacht, the pirates have shown
that they would stoop to any levels, the association said in a press statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?