Plea to centre to take steps to get hostages released
Kochi: The Merchant Navy Officers Welfare Association (MNOWA), here has urged the Union government to take immediate steps to for the early release of the Indians who have been taken hostage by the Somali Pirates.
The association, which took out a march here, yesterday, said the hostages were until now were being physically and mentally tortured by the pirates. But with the recent killing of the 4 US nationals in their yacht, the pirates have shown
that they would stoop to any levels, the association said in a press statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday