Plea to centre to take steps to get hostages released
Kochi: The Merchant Navy Officers Welfare Association (MNOWA), here has urged the Union government to take immediate steps to for the early release of the Indians who have been taken hostage by the Somali Pirates.
The association, which took out a march here, yesterday, said the hostages were until now were being physically and mentally tortured by the pirates. But with the recent killing of the 4 US nationals in their yacht, the pirates have shown
that they would stoop to any levels, the association said in a press statement here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill