Plea to prosecute Hazare dismissed
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday dismissed a
plea for prosecution of social activist Anna Hazare and his
aides for allegedly instigating the public against the
government during their anti-graft campaign.
Metropolitan magistrate Tyagita Singh rejected the plea
by Satbir Singh of Haryana who had sought registration of a
criminal case against Hazare and team members for allegedly
giving provocative speeches at Ramlila Maidan.
The court had earlier asked Singh to explain as to what
criminal offence had been committed by Hazare and his
Singh had accused Hazare of giving provocative speeches
which led youths to participate in his hunger strike and
resulted in the death of a young protester.
The court had said the supporters had come to join the
campaign on their own.
Singh, in his complaint, had said 21-year-old Sandeep had
participated in Hazare`s hunger strike and died of pneumonia
and accused Team Anna of being responsible for his death.
He has also accused Hazare of instigating people across
the country to lay a siege of the houses of MPs and ministers
to press their demands.
The police, in its reply, filed earlier before the court,
had said no case is made out against Hazare and his team
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory