Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Monday morning. The Met Office has forecast thundershower and rains, which may play a spoiler at the oath-taking ceremony of Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi.
Modi`s swearing-in ceremony will be an open air event at the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The minimum temperature settled six notches below average at 21.4 degrees Celsius.
"The skies will turn partly cloudy with thundershower and possibility of rain," said the India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
Overnight rains brought down the soaring temperatures.
The city has so far recorded 12.6 mm of rainfall.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 39.3 degrees Celsius, one notch below the season`s average, while the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below the season`s average at 24.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore