Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Monday morning. The Met Office has forecast thundershower and rains, which may play a spoiler at the oath-taking ceremony of Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi.
Modi`s swearing-in ceremony will be an open air event at the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The minimum temperature settled six notches below average at 21.4 degrees Celsius.
"The skies will turn partly cloudy with thundershower and possibility of rain," said the India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
Overnight rains brought down the soaring temperatures.
The city has so far recorded 12.6 mm of rainfall.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 39.3 degrees Celsius, one notch below the season`s average, while the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below the season`s average at 24.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!