Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Monday morning. The Met Office has forecast thundershower and rains, which may play a spoiler at the oath-taking ceremony of Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi.
Modi`s swearing-in ceremony will be an open air event at the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The minimum temperature settled six notches below average at 21.4 degrees Celsius.
"The skies will turn partly cloudy with thundershower and possibility of rain," said the India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
Overnight rains brought down the soaring temperatures.
The city has so far recorded 12.6 mm of rainfall.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 39.3 degrees Celsius, one notch below the season`s average, while the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below the season`s average at 24.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal