Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Monday morning. The Met Office has forecast thundershower and rains, which may play a spoiler at the oath-taking ceremony of Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi.
Modi`s swearing-in ceremony will be an open air event at the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The minimum temperature settled six notches below average at 21.4 degrees Celsius.
"The skies will turn partly cloudy with thundershower and possibility of rain," said the India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
Overnight rains brought down the soaring temperatures.
The city has so far recorded 12.6 mm of rainfall.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 39.3 degrees Celsius, one notch below the season`s average, while the minimum temperature was recorded two notches below the season`s average at 24.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- LG X Screen: Smartphone that offers more than just two screens
- Bomb explodes at Brussels criminology institute, no casualties
- Four youths arrested in Mewat murder-rape, loot case
- Quake of magnitude 7.4 strikes northwest of Ascension Island: USGS