Plenary shores up revenue for Congress mouthpiece
New Delhi: The Congress is using the ongoing plenary here to shore up finances for its mouthpiece Congress Sandesh and also to take its message to different parts of the country.
Party sources said that Rs 325 is charged for a special invitee pass at the plenary. They said that Rs 100 was the contribution towards plenary expenses and Rs 225 was the subscription for the party mouthpiece.
"We need subscriptions to sustain the party mouthpiece and it serves as a good education to party workers," a Congress leader said.
He said that a similar system exists in Communist parties where party members are supposed to subscribe to the party mouthpiece.
As for the money being taken towards plenary expenses, he said that arrangements had been made to serve food at the venue for all delegates.
The party leader said that subscription amount is also being taken from Pradesh Congress Committee members and All India Congress Committee (AICC) members.
The three-day plenary at a tented township in the sprawling grounds at Burari in northwest Delhi comes to a close on Monday. About 20,000 party workers and leaders are expected to attend the plenary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city