Plot to hit ONGC, Mumbai mall hatched by Dawood aide: ATS
Mumbai: The criminal conspiracy to carry
out terror strikes at ONGC and two markets in prime areas here
was hatched in Pakistan allegedly by absconding 1993 bomb
blast accused Bashir Khan, according to the chargesheet filed
by Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in a local court.
Bashir is a close aide of underworld don Dawood
Ibrahim, who had masterminded the serial blasts of 1993 along
with another absconding accused, Tiger Memon.
The 653-page chargesheet filed against terror suspects
Abdul Latif alias Guddu (29) and Riyaz Ali (23), both in
custody of ATS, and Bashir in the court yesterday said that
ONGC headquarters, Thakkar Mall in suburban Mumbai and
Mangaldas market in south Mumbai were the targets.
On March 13, ATS had arrested Guddu and Riyaz from
near Matunga railway station in central Mumbai.
The duo had conducted recce of target sites as per the
instructions of a person in Karachi, whom they referred to as
`Uncle`, an ATS official said.
"Uncle has been identified as Bashir, who is still
wanted in 1993 bomb blasts case and is a close aide of
Dawood," the official said.
"Since November 2009, a year after the Mumbai terror
attacks, the duo had been regularly receiving instructions to
execute terror strikes in the city from Bashir, who is hiding
in Pakistan," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan