Plotters of 26/11 strike should be handed over to India: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday welcomed Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s visit to India but emphasised that he should ensure that the masterminds of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack living in his country are handed over if ties between the two nations are to improve further.
"Malik is welcome to India. But the people in India are sad that though Ajmal Kasab was hanged, the real masterminds of the Mumbai terror attack are moving about freely in Pakistan," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here.
Malik will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to discuss bilateral issues.
"Even the Pakistan cricket team is coming to India. But if the team of Masood Azhar (26/11 mastermind) also comes to India it would help mutual relations between the two countries. Malik should have brought him and others in the list given by us in his plane," Hussain said.
He insisted that relations between the two countries will not improve merely by shaking hands with each other but by taking concrete steps.
"Malik should tell India during his visit as to when Masood and the other conspirators against our country will be handed over by Pakistan," Hussain said.
India is likely to flag this issue during Malik`s stay in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India