PM accepted failure in his New Year message: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has "accepted" in his New Year message that his government has failed to control prices, tackle terrorism, and fight corruption.
"Most of the time the Prime Minister`s new year message is a mere ritual....In a way, he has accepted for the first time that his government has failed to control prices of essential commodities, fight terrorism, take the welfare schemes to the poor, and fight corruption," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Singh had in his New Year message yesterday said "we will redouble our efforts to deal effectively and credibly with the challenges of inflation, clearnsing our governing processes, national security and making our delivery system work for the aam aadmi."
Javadekar claimed that the UPA government "gives assurance every 100 days that it will control prices in 100 days".
"Not even 24 hours had passed since the assurance from the Prime Minister when the government increased CNG prices," Javadekar said.
The BJP maintained that if the government was serious about fighting corruption then it should go ahead and form a JPC into the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
"On the issue of terrorism and naxalism, government is playing politics and speaking in two voices. While Digvijay Singh and his friends are saying something, P Chidambaram and others are speaking in a different language," Javadekar said. The principal opposition alleged that the Prime Minister had become a mute spectator to the corruption in his government, be it 2G or Commonwealth Games.
"Checking corruption in his government is his constitutional responsibility," Javadekar said. BJP alleged that welfare schemes for the poor were effective only on paper and not on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why