PM announces Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia to kin of stampede victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday condoled the death of scores of people in a stampede in Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh yesterday and announced ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased.
Singh began his reply to the Presidential Address in the Lok Sabha by making a special mention of the stampede in an ashram in which 63 people, mostly women and children, lost their lives.
"I join all members in conveying our heartfelt condolences to the families of deceased and wish speedy recovery to all those who have suffered injuries," he said.
Singh announced Rs 50,000 from the National Relief Fund to
those seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing