PM announces Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia to kin of stampede victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday condoled the death of scores of people in a stampede in Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh yesterday and announced ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased.
Singh began his reply to the Presidential Address in the Lok Sabha by making a special mention of the stampede in an ashram in which 63 people, mostly women and children, lost their lives.
"I join all members in conveying our heartfelt condolences to the families of deceased and wish speedy recovery to all those who have suffered injuries," he said.
Singh announced Rs 50,000 from the National Relief Fund to
those seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP