PM announces Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia to kin of stampede victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday condoled the death of scores of people in a stampede in Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh yesterday and announced ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased.
Singh began his reply to the Presidential Address in the Lok Sabha by making a special mention of the stampede in an ashram in which 63 people, mostly women and children, lost their lives.
"I join all members in conveying our heartfelt condolences to the families of deceased and wish speedy recovery to all those who have suffered injuries," he said.
Singh announced Rs 50,000 from the National Relief Fund to
those seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees