PM arrives in Brazil to attend Rio+20 Summit
Rio de Janeiro: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday arrived here in this Brazilian city to attend Rio+20 summit on global development to rally the world behind a common environmental blueprint amid economic woes and discord.
Singh flew in here to attend the summit after a 10-hour flight from Los Cabos in Mexico where he attended the 7th G-20 summit.
He is due to return home on Saturday night after an overnight halt at Pretoria, South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"