PM arrives in Singapore
Singapore: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
arrived here on Saturday on a two-day visit as part of a two-nation
tour aimed at pushing the `Look East` policy.
Singh will hold talks with Singapore Prime Minister Lee
Hsien Loong on deepening economic, trade, cultural and
Singapore is India`s largest trading partner in ASEAN,
and the second largest investor in India and was the first
country with which India signed a Comprehensive Economic
Cooperation Agreement in 2005.
Singh will also unveil a `Friend of our Shore` marker and
bust of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in Singapore.
The marker is located at the Asian Civilisations Museum,
on a green stretch along with Singapore River. It is a
historically significant area in Singapore as it was on the
banks of this river that modern Singapore began to build its
So far, four personalities -- Polish-English writer
Joseph Conrad, Father of modern Vietnam Ho Chih Min, Filipino
revolutionary leader Jose Rizal, and former Chinese Communist
party leader Deng Xiaoping have been given this decoration.
The Prime Minister arrived here after a three-day visit
to Bali, where he attended the India-ASEAN meet and East Asia
Summit, besides holding talks with US President Barack Obama
and his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao.
At the East Asia Summit today, Singh cited the Eurozone
crisis and pitched for greater economic integration between
India and East Asia to contribute to the world economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read