PM attends Shahnawaz Hussain`s Eid party
New Delhi: Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh attended the party hosted by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Shahnawaz Hussain on the auspicious occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr at his official residence here on Monday.
Dr Singh, who spent around 15 minutes at Hussain`s 7, Pandit Pant Marg here, wished all those present at the party on the joyous occasion.
The Prime Minister also posed for photographs along with Hussain and other small children before leaving the venue.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was also present at the party, which included diplomats, parliamentarians and Delhi social circle.
The Prime Minister had earlier in his message said that the festival of Eid is an occasion for happiness and is marked by the spirit of brotherhood and sacrifice.
"May Eid this year further strengthen our cultural bonds and bring peace and prosperity to all," he added.
Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the fasting month of Ramzan of the Islamic calendar, is being celebrated with great fervour and gaiety throughout the country today.
Members from the other communities are also thronging the Idgahs and mosques on this joyous occasion to greet their Muslim brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire