PM attends Shahnawaz Hussain`s Eid party
New Delhi: Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh attended the party hosted by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Shahnawaz Hussain on the auspicious occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr at his official residence here on Monday.
Dr Singh, who spent around 15 minutes at Hussain`s 7, Pandit Pant Marg here, wished all those present at the party on the joyous occasion.
The Prime Minister also posed for photographs along with Hussain and other small children before leaving the venue.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was also present at the party, which included diplomats, parliamentarians and Delhi social circle.
The Prime Minister had earlier in his message said that the festival of Eid is an occasion for happiness and is marked by the spirit of brotherhood and sacrifice.
"May Eid this year further strengthen our cultural bonds and bring peace and prosperity to all," he added.
Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the fasting month of Ramzan of the Islamic calendar, is being celebrated with great fervour and gaiety throughout the country today.
Members from the other communities are also thronging the Idgahs and mosques on this joyous occasion to greet their Muslim brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers