PM attends Shahnawaz Hussain`s Eid party
New Delhi: Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh attended the party hosted by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Shahnawaz Hussain on the auspicious occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr at his official residence here on Monday.
Dr Singh, who spent around 15 minutes at Hussain`s 7, Pandit Pant Marg here, wished all those present at the party on the joyous occasion.
The Prime Minister also posed for photographs along with Hussain and other small children before leaving the venue.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was also present at the party, which included diplomats, parliamentarians and Delhi social circle.
The Prime Minister had earlier in his message said that the festival of Eid is an occasion for happiness and is marked by the spirit of brotherhood and sacrifice.
"May Eid this year further strengthen our cultural bonds and bring peace and prosperity to all," he added.
Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the fasting month of Ramzan of the Islamic calendar, is being celebrated with great fervour and gaiety throughout the country today.
Members from the other communities are also thronging the Idgahs and mosques on this joyous occasion to greet their Muslim brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far