PM calls on President; discuss eco, pol situation
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday called on President Pratibha Patil and discussed the economic and political situation in the country.
The 40-minute meeting came against the backdrop of the difficult economic situation facing the country on account of erosion in rupee value and capital outflows from the stock market and the steepest-ever petrol hike.
According to a Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesman, the Prime Minister also briefed the President about his three-day visit to Myanmar beginning tomorrow.
"The two leaders discussed the just concluded Budget Session of the Parliament, the state of the economy and the political situation," the spokesman said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand