PM can claim innocence only after probe: Sisodia
Ballia: Demanding an independent inquiry by a panel of three retired judges into the alleged irregularities in coal block allocations, Team Anna member Manish Sisodia on Tuesday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "can claim innocence" only after the probe.
"The Prime Minister should get an inquiry conducted against himself by a panel of three retired judges as suggested by the Team Anna. Once declared innocent by this panel, the Prime Minister can claim himself to be honest," said Sisodia, participating in the `Anna Sandesh Yatra` in Jai Prakash Nagar.
Team Anna are demanding an investigation by a Special Investigation Team of three retired judges into allegations of corruption raised by them against Singh and 14 of his colleagues in the Union Cabinet.
They had also demanded a probe into the charges of corruption and disproportionate assets against Lalu Prasad Yadav, Ram Vilas Paswan, Mayawati, Mulayam Singh Yadav and Jayalalithaa.
Sisodia said that a probe into the personal accounts of Team Anna members and organisations associated with them should also be handed over to the panel of retired judges.
To questions on Congress leaders linking Team Anna`s movement against corruption with BJP and RSS, he said that it was an attempt to mislead the people.
"All the parties, including the BJP are neck deep into corruption. The future of the country is not safe in the hands of politicians," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living