PM can claim innocence only after probe: Sisodia
Ballia: Demanding an independent inquiry by a panel of three retired judges into the alleged irregularities in coal block allocations, Team Anna member Manish Sisodia on Tuesday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "can claim innocence" only after the probe.
"The Prime Minister should get an inquiry conducted against himself by a panel of three retired judges as suggested by the Team Anna. Once declared innocent by this panel, the Prime Minister can claim himself to be honest," said Sisodia, participating in the `Anna Sandesh Yatra` in Jai Prakash Nagar.
Team Anna are demanding an investigation by a Special Investigation Team of three retired judges into allegations of corruption raised by them against Singh and 14 of his colleagues in the Union Cabinet.
They had also demanded a probe into the charges of corruption and disproportionate assets against Lalu Prasad Yadav, Ram Vilas Paswan, Mayawati, Mulayam Singh Yadav and Jayalalithaa.
Sisodia said that a probe into the personal accounts of Team Anna members and organisations associated with them should also be handed over to the panel of retired judges.
To questions on Congress leaders linking Team Anna`s movement against corruption with BJP and RSS, he said that it was an attempt to mislead the people.
"All the parties, including the BJP are neck deep into corruption. The future of the country is not safe in the hands of politicians," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea