PM can`t resign just because Opposition creates ruckus: Digvijay
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday said BJP was misleading the people over the coal allocation issue, and it should have a debate in the Parliament instead of seeking Prime Minister`s resignation.
"If the Prime Minister or a Chief Minister is changed merely because of the ruckus created by the opposition, would the democracy be able to function? I appeal the BJP to stop pressing for PM`s resignation and discuss the issue in the House as per the Parliamentary traditions," Digvijay said, speaking at the Indore Press Club here.
BJP was trying to derive political mileage by "misleading the people" on the alleged scam, he said.
The Centre allocated coal blocks on the recommendations of state governments, he said, alleging that while the UPA government originally wanted auction of coal mines, the governments of Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh opposed it, saying that it will make the power costlier.
Digvijay also alleged that BJP government in Chhattisgarh allocated a coal block to a company of Rajya Sabha MP Ajay Sancheti, providing an undue benefit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know