PM condoles death of Chidambaram`s mother
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday condoled the demise of Lakshmi Palaniappan, the mother of Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"I am very sorry to learn about the passing away of your mother. This is an irreparable loss in which words are scant comfort," Singh said in his condolence message to Chidambaram.
"My deepest prayers are with you in this hour of grief," he said.
Chidambaram`s 92-year-old mother, who was unwell for the past few days, breathed her last at her residence in Chennai on Friday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials