PM condoles death of Chidambaram`s mother
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday condoled the demise of Lakshmi Palaniappan, the mother of Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"I am very sorry to learn about the passing away of your mother. This is an irreparable loss in which words are scant comfort," Singh said in his condolence message to Chidambaram.
"My deepest prayers are with you in this hour of grief," he said.
Chidambaram`s 92-year-old mother, who was unwell for the past few days, breathed her last at her residence in Chennai on Friday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'