PM condoles death of Sabarimala pilgrims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday expressed shock over the death of Sabarimala pilgrims in a stampede in Kerala`s Idukki district and announced a compensation of Rs one lakh each to the kin of those killed.
He expressed condolence to the bereaved families and spoke to Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan about the tragedy.
Singh sanctioned a relief of Rs one lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the stampede and Rs 50,000 to those injured from the Prime Minister`s relief fund.
Over 100 pilgrims returning from the shrine were killed and 50 others injured in the stampede yesterday at Pullumedu.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials