PM condoles death of Sabarimala pilgrims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday expressed shock over the death of Sabarimala pilgrims in a stampede in Kerala`s Idukki district and announced a compensation of Rs one lakh each to the kin of those killed.
He expressed condolence to the bereaved families and spoke to Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan about the tragedy.
Singh sanctioned a relief of Rs one lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the stampede and Rs 50,000 to those injured from the Prime Minister`s relief fund.
Over 100 pilgrims returning from the shrine were killed and 50 others injured in the stampede yesterday at Pullumedu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery