PM condoles death of Sabarimala pilgrims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday expressed shock over the death of Sabarimala pilgrims in a stampede in Kerala`s Idukki district and announced a compensation of Rs one lakh each to the kin of those killed.
He expressed condolence to the bereaved families and spoke to Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan about the tragedy.
Singh sanctioned a relief of Rs one lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the stampede and Rs 50,000 to those injured from the Prime Minister`s relief fund.
Over 100 pilgrims returning from the shrine were killed and 50 others injured in the stampede yesterday at Pullumedu.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill