PM condoles death of Sabarimala pilgrims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday expressed shock over the death of Sabarimala pilgrims in a stampede in Kerala`s Idukki district and announced a compensation of Rs one lakh each to the kin of those killed.
He expressed condolence to the bereaved families and spoke to Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan about the tragedy.
Singh sanctioned a relief of Rs one lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the stampede and Rs 50,000 to those injured from the Prime Minister`s relief fund.
Over 100 pilgrims returning from the shrine were killed and 50 others injured in the stampede yesterday at Pullumedu.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video